We are always on a journey and are thrilled to be on this new one!

We are always on a journey and are thrilled to be on this new one!
Mike and Sharon - Honeymoon in Puerto Vallarta - 2006
Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, December 27, 2009

We Had To Tell The Parents ASAP!

So being that we found out on Christmas Eve, we really wanted to tell the parents as soon as possible! :-) Below is a little recap of the stories along with some mini videos of everyone finding out :-) (two of them are sideways b/c I can't flip the video)

Telling Mom and Josh-
We drove up north to tell mom, and Josh was able to hear the new in person as well. We walked up to the front door and mom opened the door kind of wondering why we were there (considering we had been there the day before and we had to be at Mike's parents that night). I was wearing an old T-Shirt of Mike's that I wrote on to say 'I'm Pregnant!' Both Josh and Mom were so happy for us!! :-)





Telling Mom and Dad-
Then we drove back to Mike's parents for Christmas Eve. It was so hard to be quiet for so long (by long, I'm talking about 12 hours, and that was tough!) We opened gifts in the morning and Mike and I played it off, like, oh yea, there is one more gift for both of you! We had them open the gifts together and said there was a theme! (hehe!) When Mike's mom saw the word grandma on hers, she looked over at me and I was wearing the 'I'm Pregnant' T shirt! They both realized and could not be happier for us!



Mike and I - First family picture! :-)




Telling Dad and Betsy-
The next day, Mike and I went up north to tell my dad and Betsy. Josh was going to be at their house anyway, so he got there early and made sure dad had not run out to run errands, etc. Josh text Mike and I (who were waiting blocks away) when it was OK to come on over. We walked to the door, and again, i had the T-Shirt on! They were both so surprised and happy!


After we told Dad and Betsy, we headed to NYC where Mike had got me tkts for my birthday to see West Side Story. It was a fabulous show! We walked over to Rockefeller Center and got to see the tree. Here is Baby's first visit to NYC!

2 comments:

  1. These videos are priceless! What a great memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen! I am so happy we have their reactions on camera! :-)

    ReplyDelete