I don't feel 30, I feel young and full of so much life! I used to think 30 was old..wow, I had no idea that 30 is the new 20! I feel like my 20's I was still growing and learning about myself, although I did not see that at the time. I am hoping my 30's bring happiness, love, and more growing.
In my 20's I graduated college, got engaged and married, bought a house, started a career, and welcomed a beautiful baby girl into our world! WOW!! That's a lot!! I feel proud of what I accomplished in my 20's and am excited to see what I can do in my 30's! :-)
So 15 years ago, I wrote myself a letter to be opened on my 30th birthday, 8/23/2011 :-) WOW! It was so weird. It was a 15yr old me talking to a 30yr old me!!
Things I spoke about were my favorites (tv, music, movie, color, subject in school, teacher, etc). But then I had some hopes and dreams too....I hoped to become a SAG member and I accomplished that!!! :-) I hoped to be married with a child and I accomplished that!! I also said I hope to have a daughter and I want her name to be Miranda Rose!!! How cool!!! Mike told me he was happy to help the 15yr old me have her dream come true! Haha :-) Some things I did not achieve was becoming a famous actress and going to NYU. However, if I did that, I wouldn't have this amazing life I do today. Have you seen the movie 'Sliding Doors' with Gwenyth Paltrow? If she makes the train, one life path occurs. If she doesn't, another life path occurs. I feel I got on the right path. I have the most amazing husband and daughter and would not change that for anything else in the world! My acting dreams may not have come true, but truth be told, I might have gone to CA and still not have had them happen, and then where would I be? Not a college graduate, not a wife, and not a mommy to Miranda Rose..I'm very happy with how my 20's turned out, and I have such high hopes for my 30's. In fact, I plan to write another note for me to open when I turn 50! (hey, why not!?) :-)
My 30th birthday started off with the sweetest sweet pea standing in her crib and holding a 'Happy Birthday Mom' Balloon!!! It was sooooo sweet!!!
Mike and Miranda gave me the sweetest cards with spa treatments in them! :-) We then headed out for the afternoon to Seaside Heights. WHAT A FUN AFTERNOON!!!! I have not been to Seaside in YEARS! It was so nice to be out and about, acting like kids :-) We played SkeeBall, shot water into the clowns mouth and won a prize for Miranda, and even took B&W pictures in the photo booth! It was seriously wonderful!!
(BTW - A quick side note - While we were enjoying a fabulous afternoon - THERE WAS AN EARTHQUAKE!!! -Yes, you read that correctly! AN EARTHQUAKE!! Mom text me from Baltimore and said she felt it, before we knew it, everyone was speaking about it, and now it's National news! Well, guess what? WE FELT NOTHING!! Why you ask? I'm not sure, except the only thing we could think is that we were in our car, and that could be why...Crazy, right?!)
OK, back to my birthday! (hehe):-) Some pictures of a FABULOUS AFTERNOON!!!
MIRANDA'S 1ST TIME ON CAROUSEL!! :-)
Grabbing lunch filled with baby Kisses!!
Having Fun On The Boardwalk! :-)
It was seriously A PERFECT afternoon!! The weather was great (minus the earthquake) and the time was so much fun! It was alike a mini getaway with my loves, and I loved every minute of it!!!
So then we head home....
We stopped for coffee and kept talking about how we would watch our wedding video after Miranda's bath b/c we were unable to watch it on our anniversary this year. So I'm thinking that's plan. Well hubbs had a different plan, and so did my girlfriends!!
Mike grabbed Miranda from car, and I had keys, so I walked in front. I opened the door, walked to our first landing, and look up to hear "Surprise!!!" I was in SHOCK!!!! Like, wait, what?!?!!? It was AMAZING!!! Mike organized a surprise party with my girlfriends!! My house was not like how I left it b/c now it was ready for a PARRRRTTTYYYYY!!! :-)
It was a PERFECT way to enter my 30's!! I'm blessed to have such amazing friends, family, the most wonderful husband in the world, and the most amazing daughter a mommy could ever ask for.
I look forward to my 30's and although I'm sure there will be bumps in the road, this 'Road Called Life' will keep going and I hope it's going somewhere good :-)

so glad you had a fabulous birthday! i love those picture of you on the carousal with miranda. what beautiful ladies! your hubs is the best. he did good!
ReplyDelete