We are always on a journey and are thrilled to be on this new one!

We are always on a journey and are thrilled to be on this new one!
Mike and Sharon - Honeymoon in Puerto Vallarta - 2006
Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Making of 'Miranda & Friends' 2nd Birthday Party :-)

I'm always asked, "how'd you do that? or "how'd you make that?" Well ask no more as my secrets are revealed in this very special episode of:

Behind the scenes of
Miranda's 2nd Birthday Party!! :-)


Let's begin with the decor. I usually like to make everything, and this year was no different. I find ideas online and just get very excited to incorporate them.



Miranda's 2yr sign of things she loves :-)
2nd year banner

Final Product on Birthday Chair


Welcome Sign

Final Product on Entrance to Party Place



I wanted some fun/flowy items too so these was soooo easy! It's just tissue paper cut at an angle! So simple and so fun! :-) They ended up being decor around the room covering tables, but unfortunately I do not have a picture of this.









The making of the Donut Hole Topiary :-)



Final product (some donut were taken though by now!) :-)

And of course I had personalize the water bottles :-)



Final Look :-)

PennkInk created the beautiful invitations!

 

Now for the FOOD! :-)


Lets start with THE CAKE! I made an Elmo pull apart cupcake cake :-)




Hi Elmo! YUMMY!!


Elmo & Sid The Science Kid Fruit Faces :-)



 Cake Pops!!!





Final Product :-)



Cupcakes!




Miranda Rose's!!
Pink marshmallows with sugar pearls :-)
Here's the 'how to' on how these 'roses' were made -




Ta Da! :-)



Edible Crayons
Chocolate covered peroulines:-)



All food items had specific Elmo & Sid food tents



And lastly, the favors :-) I couldn't help myself, and I made the crayon boxes & crayon covers as well!


Favor Box - Crayon holder

Front & Back of crayon box

Crayons and their labels


And last but not least, Miranda's outfit :-)
Skirt - Old Navy
Shirt - Etsy Seller - WhimsyBellesandBeaus
Bow - Bow seller - Bibbitybobbitybowtique





And that's how you make an Elmo & Sid The Science Kid Party! :-)

3 comments:

  1. Very creative. Pretty cool that you made these things yourself....it's all in the details....terrific job! It all looked so good at the party.....Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. had so much fun! loved all your details.

    ReplyDelete