We are always on a journey and are thrilled to be on this new one!

We are always on a journey and are thrilled to be on this new one!
Mike and Sharon - Honeymoon in Puerto Vallarta - 2006
Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

We Heard The Heart Beat!! 1st Appt!! :-)

All I can say is...Wow!!! Hearing the heartbeat was surreal!! I was nervous and excited all day, and once we walked in to the office, I thought I'd be OK. They had us waiting b/c the doctor was behind and then when we got into the room, they had us wait again! Mike kept me laughing and even did a little tap dance! Haha! He kept me distracted b/c he knew how nervous I was. The doctor did an internal exam and ultrasound. I am 6 weeks and 5 days pregnant! The heartbeat was 121bpm, which is exactly where is should be for this time frame! It's so surreal! I know I keep saying it, but it really is. There is a growing baby inside of me!! Holy Moly!!! :-) We got our baby's first pictures to keep. But when the doc turned on the sound so we can HEAR the heartbeat, that was when it felt really real! the doctor showed us that the baby is pressed up against my uterus, so it was hard to see. Then she spoke about the heartbeat. She pointed to where the little flutter was, and I thought she meant the larger image. I said "Is that the heart?" She replied with "That's the whole baby!" Haha! Our baby is about an inch right now! :-) I'm in love already!


Our Baby's First Picture!

The little spot on the upper left side of the first picture is our baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment