We are always on a journey and are thrilled to be on this new one!

We are always on a journey and are thrilled to be on this new one!
Mike and Sharon - Honeymoon in Puerto Vallarta - 2006
Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Must Have Baby Items

So I have been asked many times about different items I thought were useful after baby was born. During pregnancy, you can drive yourself bonkers with all of the items out there for baby. What we mommy's-to-be do not know is that much of it is a gimmick. So we do research until we can't research no more.

So here is my list of must haves and why they
are useful :-)

1. Ultimate Crib Sheet - Total must have! OK, so here's the deal: This sheet has snaps all around the edges. So on your mattress you will have a mattress pad (some find this optional, but we put it on), a regular sheet (that should come with your crib set) and then the Ultimate Crib Sheet. Your baby will spit up, pee, or poop in their sleep. If they do any of the above on the crib sheet, you unsnap the waterproof sheet (yes waterproof!) and throw into the wash. If you need to lay baby down again, you have another sheet under, so baby will be protected. This sheet is fabulous and easy to put on and take off. A regular sheet can be annoying to change, as the mattress fits tight into the crib. This helps you from having to take the whole mattress out to change sheet -



2. Boppy Changing Pad Covers -
These things are super necessary!! You place it on your changing pad, and if baby poops, spits up, etc, you throw in wash and place another one on. They come in packs of three, and we have gone back to store to buy more -


3. Fisher-Price Papasan Cradle Swing - My Little Lamb -
This swing is WONDERFUL! It has different songs that baby loves to listen too. She will sleep in here, or just sit and stare. As she gets older, she is able to focus more on the animals above. She follows them as they circle around her head. It's easy to use, and does not take up much space either.


4.Evenflo ExerSaucer Triple Fun Jungle -
This is a three in one and FABULOUS! Tummy time is very important for baby. So a few times a day we'll lay Miranda on the mat. She has just begun swatting at the objects above her when she lies down. It's a great item as it's a 3 in 1. So after she's out grown the tummy mat, we can change it to a bouncer, and then an activity table. It's been a fun item to begin her play time. I'm looking forward to the next phases of it.




5. Summer Infant Slim & Secure Handheld Color Video Monitor -
We would not survive without this monitor! Miranda sleeps in her room, in her crib. This monitor lets us know when she's up or crying, etc. We can also see if she's just cooing or really needs us. It's a fabulous monitor!


6. Safety 1st AeroLite LX Travel System Stroller - Pegasus
OK, so everyone has their own opinions on strollers and carriers. This is just my two cents - Get a stroller that's convenient. This stroller is small and sturdy. It rolls easy and fits in small spaces. The carrier fits great in the car and it comes with a nice infant seat, so our little peanut fits perfectly! :-) I wanted a stroller that I could walk with too, rather than a jogger, and this stroller is perfect for walking. It folds/opens and closes easily too! The best part is it has a new technology called 'Air Protect.' This protects baby in case of accident, etc. It's a great technology and final piece that sold us on this product.


7. Moby Wrap -
I just started to use this, but I'm already in love with it. It gives me both hands, while holding my baby. It's a long piece of fabric that you can fold in many different ways so baby can sit in all positions for different sizes as they grow. Right now, Miranda is in the moby, and I'm typing with both hands! I think I'm going to love this!


8. Little Noses/Little Tummys -
These Little noses saline drops have been super useful for Miranda's stuffy nose. (take the aspirator from the hospital, b/c you will be using it!)The Little Tummys has been great for her belly aches! I highly recommend both items!



9.Bright Starts Comfort & Harmony Cradling Bouncer - Biscotti -
This bouncy seat offers baby another way of simulation. I like using it when I'm cooking, b/c I place it outside the kitchen wall, so I can see her, and do what I have to do in the kitchen. It has a vibration on it, that she seems to like. It's useful for when mommy and daddy need to do other things, and keep baby occupied at the same time :-)


10. Boppy & My Breast Friend -
I was told that these would be very similar - not true! I brought both to the hospital, and both have been useful since the day she was born. OK, so the boppy is awesome for when visitors come over (to rest their arms on while holding her), and also for Miranda's tummy time (to strengthen neck muscles). The My Breast Friend is great for breast feeding. The My Breast Friend is basically meant for hands free nursing. However, I still hold her head, but her whole body can lie on it, so she's comfy. Love both, can't live without either!



11. Medela Pump In Style® Advanced Double Electric Breastpump - The Metro Bag™
For those who plan to pump, this pump is awesome! It has a shoulder bag so you can travel with it. It also comes with a battery pack, as well as adapter. It's easy to use, and comes with 4 bottles too!


12. The First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Newborn-to-Toddler Tub -
LOVE THIS TUB! This tub fits in our sink, and has a newborn hammock. It's perfect!! Easily stores, easily cleans, and will grow with Miranda. It has slip proof liners so when we are done with the newborn hammock, she can sit in the tub itself.




Well, that's my list for now. I'm sure at 6 months I'll have more updates for her high chair, recline and grow seat, pack and play, baby rocker to travel with and more. Although, we have have not used them yet, we did a lot of research on these items, and can't wait to use them :-)
- Graco Pack N Play - Deco
- Maclaren® Baby Rocker - Black
- Safety 1st 5 Recline and Grow 5 Stage Booster Seat
- Peg Perego Prima Pappa Best Paloma Highchair

Happy Shopping & Hope this helps! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment