We are always on a journey and are thrilled to be on this new one!

We are always on a journey and are thrilled to be on this new one!
Mike and Sharon - Honeymoon in Puerto Vallarta - 2006
Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Making of a Buggy Birthday Party :-)

So, many (if not all) of the items for Miranda's 1st Birthday party were hand made by mwah! :-) Many people asked me "how did you do that?" So i thought a blog post was a MUST! I broke this out into different details of food and decor (and for all those who loved the cake pops, the recipe is here too!)
Enjoy!

Invitations -
I found these on Etsy a LONG time ago, and knew they'd be perfect! But since this is a lady bug theme, I asked the etsy seller to add some cute pink lady bugs. I then decided to add ladybugs to to the address labels, as well as stamps on the envelopes :-)







Diaper cover from Etsy -




'M' Cupcake Liner Wreath -






'Happy Birthday Miranda' Photo Banner -







Tulle Skirt on HighChair :-)






Cupcakes Toppers -






Ice Bucket & Cups -





FOOD!!!




CupCake Pops! - (Everyone's Favorite!) :-)
I used this blog for assistance (details and ingrediants) -
http://www.littlemissmomma.com/2010/07/cake-pop-recipe.html
















Candy Dipped Ladybug Pretzels -
I used this blog for assistance -
http://texasjoy.blogspot.com/2011/06/candy-dipped-ladybug-pretzels41.html












Chocoalte Covered Pretzel Rods -






Marshmallow Cupcakes -
I used this blog for assistance -
http://www.sweetcraftcakes.com/2010/11/sweet-treats-marshmallow-cupcakes.html





Cupcakes!!
Funfetti and this AMAZING can of frosting make these upcakes easy!





Baby Bar - Banana Puffs in shot glasses -



Miranda's Smash Cake -We were still unsure of her allergies, so I used cake mix and a can of pumpkin, and viola!










And last but not least - My Handmade Ladybug Cake! -



It all came together perfectly!!!

1 comment:

  1. WoW!!!!! Love this Blog! The party 'insider secrets' are Awesome! WoW!!!!! The Party was great - the effort paid off - so many details. It all really came together! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete