I found an amazing Lamp Shade on ETSY and fell in love with it. It is the perfect shade of lilac, and I had to have it (plus the price was fabulous)! While waiting for the shade to arrive, I also bought new drawer knobs for the baby's dresser. They look like crystal balls. I saw a perfect lamp a few months ago at Christmas Tree Shops with the same design. Well wouldn't you know it, that they stopped making that design, and now have a more modern, clear ball look. I bought both bases (and will return the one we don't use) and tried both with the lamp shade. I do not think the more modern one will go in the room (especially with the drawer knobs). The lamp will be on the drawers, so you will be able to see the distinction. So I went to BRU and found the perfect crystal base. I got home and put the shade on it, and now it looks like the base is to small for the shade.
I placed both pix below...Please send me your thoughts and let me know which you like...The dilemma continues (but the shade is amazing!!) :-)
Crystal Base -
Clear Base -

I agree that the one with the clear base is taller so it doesn't seem as short. But the crystal one appears to match more of the decor and you seem to like it more so I say that one. When looking at the crystal one, it didn't look bad, just maybe not as proportional to the other one. Did you try putting them both on the dresser and testing it that way? Oh the motherly decisions ;)
ReplyDelete