We are always on a journey and are thrilled to be on this new one!

We are always on a journey and are thrilled to be on this new one!
Mike and Sharon - Honeymoon in Puerto Vallarta - 2006
Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, March 27, 2010

17 Weeks!

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE to hear Sweet Pea's heart beat!!!! It's seriously the best sound ever! However, my doc was a bit rushed and she was not going to do an ultrasound, but i asked nicely, and she did one anyway! Haha! :-) Although the pic is a bit blurred. It's OK, just seeing our sweet pea was wonderful! The doc said all sounds good, and baby looks good too! Unfortunately, she did not give me the HB number, so I do not know what the hb was, but as long as it's strong and doc approved, I'm OK with that!

So hubbs made fun of me, b/c I think I started nesting!! Haha! I went through my closet, took away many items I have not worn in many years, and put them all in a bag for charity. I made room for all my new purchases (including a great pair of jeans mom and I bought the night before from Old Navy! Woohoo!) I emptied a tall set of drawers that will be placed in the closet for the babies clothes, so that was a huge accomplishment! I would like to order furniture in month 5, so I thought it would be good to start getting the nursery ready (I'll pretend that our holiday decorations and other items are not in there anymore...one day they will magically disappear!):-)

Survey Time!

How far along?: 17w1d
How big is baby?: The size of a large orange
Weight gain?: Yes, but apparently I'm a bit under weight. I gained 9 lbs. so far, so it's good, as they would like a pound a week, but for 17 weeks, it's a bit low, but still OK. I have been working out 3-4 times a week, so that can also be keeping that number down. As long as sweet pea is healthy and has the nutrients it needs, the doc and I are happy! :-)
Stretch Marks?: Thank goodness for Bio Oil! This stuff is amazing!! I still only have the first few I saw back around week 9-10, and they are slowly disappearing b/c of Bio Oil! I also use Palmers too.
Maternity Clothes?: I'm slowly accepting the fact that I just can't wear my normal clothes anymore. However, I really dislike many of the maternity clothes out there. Why do some designers feel that Maternity can't be cute? Many stores have frumpy, and I want to be cute. So I went to Marshals and TJ Maxx and found clothes at a larger size that seem to work for my growing belly. (yes it's noticeable now!)I also bought some nice items from Gap, Old Navy & Motherhood.
Sleep?: It's not been easy b/c I'm afraid that I might fall onto my belly. I use the Boppy pillow which helps, but it's like a fortress between hubbs and I! Haha! It's huge, but at least I do not fall onto my belly :-) (or back for that matter)
Food cravings?: I don't know why but toasted salt bagels with hummus, lettuce and tomato! Don't even ask...Haha!
Gender?: We find out in a few weeks!!!
Movement?: Not yet, but the doc said anywhere from 18-25 weeks! I can't wait!
What I miss: Beer! Yes, I know, many are shocked with that answer, but I would love to sit back with a beer and just chill. Hubbs and I used to sit outside on our patio and enjoy the night with a beer (or wine) so that I miss. I also have been wanting a turkey sandwich! Haha :-)
Belly Button?:Innie!
What I'm looking forward to?: Mid-April - We find if if we are on Team Pink or Team Blue!
Milestone?: Seeing my actual belly! It's now finally noticeable, and that is huge! I have seen it grow, but no one else has. Now others can see my mini bump too! :-)

Here is my 17 week belly shot:



A better shot of my belly (the first one my pants cut into me a little. This one shows more roundness)

No comments:

Post a Comment