My co-workers know of the pregnancy, but my clients and customers do not. I was on campus today and saw one of my customers. Since I'm carrying still small, it's been easy to hide my belly. I was wearing a loose fitting cardigan, but kept trying to keep it closed so my protruding belly would not show.
The prof says to me:
"It looks like you've gained a few pounds!" (nice, right?)
I said,
"No I haven't."
He said,
"I'm not a dumb guy!" (haha!)
So...I told him. I could not stop blushing! Seriously I had a smile ear to ear when I finally told him b/c I was denying it, and I'm so happy to be pregnant but also to not hide it! He thought I wasn't as far along as I am. I was nervous to let them know /bc of my service in the fall and maternity leave. However, he called me about 2 hours later and told me he'd be using my book once he gets approval for the course! WooHoo!! He told me it's my baby gift! haha!! So, my secret is out...well at least to one customer (only 500 more to go!):-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

havent you heard of the pregnancy year? it's always good luck to be selling when you have the bump! go knock 'em out of the ballpark (except for brookdale ;) xxoo
ReplyDeleteHaha! I'm so nervous for them to know! But it's kind of hard to hide now..haha! I only have one opp left at Brookdale...hope it's not one you are working too! (but i dont think you cover that dept). Miss you!!
ReplyDelete